Upward Flag Football and Cheer
Upward is an evangelistic sports ministry that promotes salvation, character, and self-esteem in every child. Flag football is offered for ages 5 years – 12th grade. Cheerleading is offered for ages 5 years – 8th grade.
Registration and Cost
- Registration from June 16 – July 28
- Cost: $115
- Register online
You only need to attend one evaluation at Tri-County Baptist Church located at 8195 Beckett Road in West Chester. Drop in during open hours for uniform sizing and skills evaluation. Allow 1 hour.
- Saturday, July 22 from 9 – 11 am
- Tuesday, July 25 from 6:30 – 8 pm
- Saturday, August 5 – Pre-Season Mini-Camp for players and cheerleaders
- Saturday, August 12 – Pre-Season Coaches Training Meeting
- Saturday, August 19 – Pre-Season Mini-Camp for players and cheerleaders
- Saturday, September 9 – Pre-Season Referee Training
- Week of August 21 – Practices Begin
- Sunday, November 5 – End of season celebration
Upward Basketball and Cheer
Upward is an evangelistic sports ministry for Kindergarten – 8th grade boys and girls that promotes salvation, character, and self-esteem in every child. Faith Community is part of an Upward Church partnership that offers both basketball and cheerleading.
To view testimonies about Upward from parents, click below:
Practices and Games
Practices will begin the week of November 27, 2016, and are once a week for one hour. The games begin on Saturday, January 13, 2017 and continue for the next eight Saturdays. Game length is one hour.
You only need to attend one clinic for the full two hours.
- Saturday, October 1, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at Royal Redeemer
- Saturday, October 22, 1:00 – 3:00 pm at Crestview Presbyterian
Evaluations (1st – 6th Grade)
You only need to attend one evaluation during the times listed. Please allow at least one hour for your evaluation. The last three evaluations are at other venues. Check www.cincyupward.org for details.
- Saturday, October 1, 9 am – 3 pm at Faith Community UMC
- Tuesday, October 4, 6:30 – 8:30 pm at Crestview Presbyterian
- Saturday, October 8, 9 am – 3 pm at Bethany UMC
- Tuesday, October 11, 6:30 – 8:30 pm at Turningpoint Church
Evaluations (7th – 8th Grade)
Saturday, November 5. Time and location TBD. Please check www.cincyupward.org for details.
Saturday, October 22, 1:00 – 3:00 pm. You need to attend the cheer clinic for the full two hours.
100 Days of Prayer
If interested in being a part of the 100 days of prayer, please contact Lynne Martini at email@example.com. Click here to download 100 days of prayer.
An Awards Celebration for all Upward teams will be at the end of the season on March 11, 2017 at Princeton Pike Church of God.
Registration and Cost
- Early registration: September 1 – October 5. Cost is $95 (savings of $25).
- Regular registration from October 6 – November 1. Cost is $120.
- Register online at www.cincyupward.org
How Can I Help?
As our program grows, we need more hands to help with this amazing outreach opportunity. If your children are involved in the program, you have a love for basketball, you love to watch the light go on when a child has learned something new or you just feel led to serve in this ministry, please contact our team leaders from the list below:
- Lynne Martini – Front End Coordinator – Contact for general questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan Powers – Referee Coordinator, email@example.com
- Kim Hollon – Game Day Devotions Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Chandler – Game Day Coordinator, email@example.com