During this difficult time, we want you to know that Faith Community holds all of you in our prayers.
"Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.” -- 3 John 2
POLICY & PROCEDURES FOR COVID-19 EXPOSURE
Faith Community UMC, in accordance with the CDC guidelines, has created a policy and procedure for COVID-19 diagnosis and exposure. These guidelines are for those who enter the building for any reason including: staff, volunteers, ministry groups, preschool, youth, and parishioners.
Diagnosis: Please alert ministry leaders, front office staff, or Pastors if you have been in the building after being in the presence of others and you have been diagnosed with COVID-19. This allows us to alert others of exposure risk. If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you please do not come back into the building until you are no longer contagious.
Definition for exposure: An individual who has had close contact within 6 feet of distance of a Covid-19 positive person for more than 15 minutes
- Stay home and self-isolate until 14 days after last exposure and maintain social distance at least 6 feet from others
- Self-monitor for symptoms
- Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop
For more information please visit: https://www.cdc.gov
BUILDING USE UPDATE
- The 200 wing will is now open for room scheduling. This includes: The Parlor, Room 202, and Room 204. Please contact the front office at 513-777-9533 to reserve a room.
Rooms can be reserved more than once a day. Please note that when groups are done using a room, they are responsible for wiping down the chairs and tables so it is clean for the next group. Cleaning supplies will be available in all the rooms.
RESUMING IN-PERSON WORSHIP
We are now in Phase 2 of our worship re-opening process. Both the 9:30 and 11:00 worship services will be held in the CLC because there is more space for social distancing. Attendees have the option to bring their own lawn chairs, but we will also have chairs available for your convenience. Masks are required. If parents bring their children into the CLC to enjoy worship together, they can pick up special worship bags for their kids. Each bag will have crayons, coloring/activity pages, and a special treat.
9:30 AM WORSHIP DETAILS
- Worship Service - This service will include live (YES … with real people!) portions up on the stage or platform of the CLC, including the welcome, announcements, prayer and sermon. A mix of traditional and contemporary music will be pre-recorded and broadcast on the CLC screens as part of the service.
- Faith Kidz Sunday School - Preschool through 6th-grade classes will be meeting again in person beginning Sunday, October 4 for a new 8-week series called "Empowering Courageous Faith Kidz." Each specially designed lesson is carefully built with social distancing precautions in mind. To ensure the safety of both children and volunteers, all Faith Kidz and volunteers in attendance at 9:30 will be asked to wear a mask, wash hands, and have their temperature checked upon arrival.
- Nursery - The nursery will be open at the 9:30 hour for parents to use if needed, however nursery or toddler classes will not be available at this time.
11:00 AM WORSHIP DETAILS
- Worship Service - This in-person worship service in the CLC will be a rebroadcast (on the screens) of the 9:30 service. Note: We will monitor attendance, and as it increases, we will make the 11:00 am service live as well.
- Faith Kidz Lessons on Facebook - We will not have in-person Sunday School at the 11:00 hour. However, for families who elect to participate in worship at home, our Children's Ministries will offer a weekly Faith Kidz lesson at 11:00 am on our Faith Kidz facebook page. The video lesson will remain on the facebook page, so kids can watch it later if the 11:00 hour is not convenient. Also, all Faith Kidz lessons are available on our App in the "CHILDREN" hub and we have the most recent three weeks of video lessons available on our website's "Children" page.
FAITH ON THE LAWN
It was great while it lasted, but since we have less daylight time and the evenings are getting colder, we have decided to suspend our Thursday night Faith on the Lawn worship. Thanks to everyone who participated!
RECENT ENEWS AND UPDATES
- Enews - October 15 - Children's Costume Parade and Contest
- Enews - October 8 - Annual Church Conference
- Enews - October 1 - Welcome Back Faith Kidz
We are blessed with various methods of technology to bring worship to you. In addition to our in-person worship on Sundays, we will continue to offer our live, online worship service at 9:30 am that includes music, message, and prayer. You can access the full Sunday service through one of the links below.
NOTE: We record our Live Stream worship, so if 9:30 isn't a convenient time, you can watch the full service at a later time. Or, another option is to go to the "WATCH" hub on our app to watch the sermon portion of the service (see app section below for more details).
STAY CONNECTED WITH THE APP
With our new Faith Community App you can check in your attendance during the live stream worship, take notes on the sermon, and easily give online through credit or debit card or directly through your bank account.
If you are busy on Sunday mornings, we will have audio and video versions of the message available by Monday evenings on our church app under the "LISTEN" or "WATCH" buttons. If you still haven't downloaded the app yet, we have detailed instructions available on our app web page.
PRAYERS & PRAISES
We have added a new Prayers & Praises section in the Sunday Worship hub on our app. You can submit your requests, and then we will share them with everyone. Let's join together to celebrate praises and pray for our church family members and friends who request prayer!
STEPPING FORWARD UPDATES
All Stepping Forward classes and groups will be suspended until the COVID-19 situation stabilizes, but we will continue to offer our community dinner.
NEW for FALL -- We will provide live music and tables on the lawn (safely spaced apart) for persons and families to enjoy their meal outside together. We will also continue to offer To-Go meals for people to pick up as a drive-through service.
FOOD PANTRY UPDATES
The Faith Pantry numbers were up due to the pandemic with our highest number of families coming in a five-year history. We have added an information card where families can share their prayer requests and address so that we can mail them a card and pray for them during this time of uncertainty.
NOTE: We have NEW Pantry Hours beginning October 6: Open Tuesdays 12:30-2:30 pm and 5:30-7:00 pm and Saturdays 9-11:00 am
MOST NEEDED ITEMS
We have a large bin located at Faith's main front door for anyone who would like to drop off donations. Thank you for your generosity! Most needed items right now include:
- Boxed potatoes
- Canned pears
- Canned chicken
- Hamburger Helper
- Dish soap
Ann Copeland has launched this ministry for those who are more susceptible to feeling overwhelmed and isolated. If you know of someone who’s name needs to be added to the list of those receiving calls, please contact .