We are committed to the spiritual development of all students and encourage youth to have a thriving relationship with Jesus Christ.
Committed leaders, who love God, are part of our team to make sure that students feel loved and cared for. Being a parent can be lonely, exciting and scary. We want you to know that you are not alone. We would like to invite your youth to join us at any of our weekly or special events to be a part of what God is doing at Faith’s Youth Ministries. Questions? Contact our Director of Youth Ministries, Jeff Ackenback, at
All Things New
If you missed Jeff's message on Sunday night, or just want to listen again, please choose a sermon from the list below.
- October 6 - Living on a Prayer
- October 13 - The Family Business
- October 20 - Sacrifice
- October 27 - Great Power, Great Responsibility
- November 3 - The Giving Tree
- November 10 - Sticks and Stones
- November 17 - Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- November 24 - A Matter of Time
Youth Group on Sunday Nights
Students who are in grades 7–12 are invited to join us on Sunday evenings from 5 - 7 pm. There will be great food, music, hanging out with friends, and a message from God's word. Plus there are small groups
Upcoming 2019 dates:
- Sunday, December 8
- Sunday, December 15
- Sunday, December 22 - No Youth Group due to Christmas
- Sunday, December 29 - No Youth Group due to New Years … BUT we will have a New Year's Eve-Eve Lock-In on December 30 (see details below)
Youth Christmas Party
Saturday, December 14
- 1 - 4 pm at the church
- Groups of 4-5 youth (each with an adult chaperone) will set off on a gift-purchasing adventure at local stores using a limited $ budget.
- Upon returning to the church with their creative and unique purchases, each group will wrap their gifts.
- The escapade will culminate in a rousing game of "Shifty Santa" involving gift-giving and gift-stealing.
- Holiday food and treats will also be part of this fun evening
Youth New Year's Eve-Eve Lock-In
Monday - Tuesday (December 30-31)
We are still planning this event, but be sure to save the date on your calendars! Check back later for more details.
- 10 pm - Drop off at the church
- Air Hockey Tournament (and other great games)
- Awesome Snacks!
- 6 or 7 am - Pick up at the church
Confirmation classes will run from August 18 - February 16, with Confirmation Sunday on February 23. For those who aren’t familiar with this opportunity, Confirmation is a way for students in 9th grade or above to learn more about their faith and the Methodist church. Class will begin at 3:30 pm each Sunday, with dinner at 5:00 pm with our Youth Group. Students are encouraged to stay after dinner to enjoy Youth Group with everyone.
Questions? Contact Jeff at To sign up, please complete the online Confirmation Sign Up Form.
Elevate is held every Tuesday night from 6:30 - 8:30 as part of our Stepping Forward program, and is open to grades 6th–12th.
Our Worship Arts Student Ministry programs encourage students to share their musical gifts at Faith Community. All students are welcome! Opportunities include:
- Christmas Cantata (singing and instrumentalists)
- Instrumentalists (solos and combos)
- Praise Teams in contemporary worship (singing and instrumentalists)
- Gravity - A student-led praise band for those who enjoy sharing their musical gifts to lead worship. We practice right after youth group on Sundays from 7-8:30 pm. If interested in joining, please email Mary Shambow at .