We are committed to the spiritual development of all students and encourage youth to have a thriving relationship with Jesus Christ.
Committed leaders, who love God, are part of our team to make sure that students feel loved and cared for. Being a parent can be lonely, exciting and scary. We want you to know that you are not alone. We would like to invite your youth (grades 7th-12th) to join us at any of our weekly or special events to be a part of what God is doing at Faith’s Youth Ministries. Questions? Contact our Director of Youth Ministries, Jeff Ackenback, at .
Youth Group [COVID version]
Life is challenging right now, but with vaccines becoming available, we are planning to gradually reopen. In the meantime, we are staying connected in a variety of ways:
Zoom Teen Small Group Study
Jeff will be leading teens in our church-wide lenten study, "know[n]" for six weeks on Tuesday evenings from 7:30 - 8:00 pm. The study begins Tuesday, March 2 and runs each week through Tuesday, April 6. Discussion questions for the study are available on our Small Group Studies page. If you are interested in joining the study, contact to request the Zoom link.
Ongoing Ways to Connect Virtually
Students are invited to join us weekly online to grow in your faith.
- Sundays @ 5:30 pm - Every Sunday night Jeff will share his message at 5:30 pm. Watch it live on our LiveStream page or facebook live. These messages are also available in the Youth hub on our app under the "Watch (Video Archives)" section.
- Ongoing - Jeff posts his messages on the "All Things New" podcasts. You can listen to them on the Youth section of our app (or download the podcast directly to your phone).
- Ongoing - Jeff is also doing "Stevie's Sidequests" bonus messages. These are also included in the "All Things New" podcasts.
In-Person Youth Group Begins April 11
If all continues to go well, we are planning to begin in-person weekly Youth Group on Sunday, April 11 from 5:15 - 7:00 pm. For safety purposes, masks will continue to be required, and we will continue to meet in the CLC, as it provides a better atmosphere for social distancing. If you'd like to sign up for emails or text messages from Jeff, please click the "Stay In Touch" link below. Thanks, and we are looking forward to seeing you in person soon!
Recent Messages from Jeff
- January 3 - A Fresh Start
- January 10 - Regardless
- January 17 - The First Step
- January 24 - Just Do It
- January 31 - All In
Faith’s Confirmation program is a way for students in 9th grade or above to learn more about their faith and the Methodist church. Classes run from August – February at 3:30 pm each Sunday, with dinner at 5:00 pm with our Youth Group. Students are encouraged to stay after dinner to enjoy Youth Group with everyone.
In February, we host our annual Confirmation Dinner where students share their personal statements of faith. The following morning is Confirmation Sunday where the students are confirmed during worship.
Check back this summer for more information regarding dates for our 2020-21 Confirmation Class. Questions? Contact Jeff at
NOTE: Due to Covid, Elevate is currently on hold. Elevate is held every Tuesday night from 6:30 - 8:30 as part of our Stepping Forward program, and is open to grades 6th–12th.
NOTE: Due to Covid, Worship Arts is currently on hold. Our Worship Arts Student Ministry programs encourage students to share their musical gifts at Faith Community. All students are welcome! Opportunities include:
- Christmas Cantata (singing and instrumentalists)
- Instrumentalists (solos and combos)
- Praise Teams in contemporary worship (singing and instrumentalists)
- Gravity - A student-led praise band for those who enjoy sharing their musical gifts to lead worship. We practice right after youth group on Sundays from 7-8:30 pm. If interested in joining, please email Mary Schambow at .