We are committed to the spiritual development of all students and encourage youth to have a thriving relationship with Jesus Christ.
Committed leaders, who love God, are part of our team to make sure that students feel loved and cared for. Being a parent can be lonely, exciting and scary. We want you to know that you are not alone. We would like to invite your youth (grades 7th-12th) to join us at any of our weekly or special events to be a part of what God is doing at Faith’s Youth Ministries. Questions? Contact our Director of Youth Ministries, Jeff Ackenback, at .
We meet most Sunday evenings from 5:15 - 7:00 pm in our new Youth Room. Jeff will share his message at 5:30 pm and then during the second hour we will do small groups and activities (games, etc).
Sunday Evening Dates
- April 10 - Normal schedule plus Gravity youth band will practice after youth group (7- 8 pm)
- April 17 - NO Youth Group tonight due to Easter
- April 24 - Normal schedule plus DINNER tonight and Gravity youth band will practice after youth group (7- 8 pm)
- May 1 - Normal schedule plus Gravity youth band will practice after youth group (7- 8 pm)
- May 8 - NO Youth Group tonight due to Mother's Day
- May 15 - Normal schedule
- May 29 - NO Youth Group tonight due to Memorial Weekend
Youth Sunday - Sunday, May 15
This year's Youth Sunday will be in the Christian Living Center at 9:30 am on Sunday, May 15. Our Youth will lead worship, our Youth praise band Gravity will play, and we will honor our senior graduates*. Please note that Youth Sunday will be the ONLY 9:30 service on May 15 (No 9:30 service in the Sanctuary).
* Parents of High School Seniors - If you would like your child included in the Senior Video, please email a senior picture along with 3-4 other candid shots from their childhood to Becky Klunk at no later than Sunday, April 24. Be sure to include their name, the name of the high school they will be graduating from, and their plans for the coming year (i.e., college attending, employment, gap year, etc.).
Our Worship Arts Student Ministry programs encourage students to share their musical gifts at Faith Community. All students are welcome! Opportunities include:
- Gravity - A student-led praise band for those who enjoy sharing their musical gifts to lead worship. We practice right after youth group on Sundays from 7- 8 pm. If interested in joining, please email Mary Schambow at .
- Christmas Cantata (singing and instrumentalists)
- Instrumentalists (solos and combos)
- Praise Teams in contemporary worship (singing and instrumentalists)
Faith Community’s Confirmation program is a way for students in 9th grade or above to learn more about their faith and the Methodist church, as well as the world around them and how to cope. Classes run from September 12 – February 27 at 4:00 pm each Sunday. On Saturday, March 5, we host our annual Confirmation Dinner where students share their personal statements of faith. The following morning (Sunday, March 6) is Confirmation Sunday where the students are confirmed during worship. Questions? Contact Jeff Ackenback at
Stay in Touch
If you'd like to sign up for emails or text messages from Jeff, please click the "Stay In Touch" link below. Thanks, and we are looking forward to seeing you in person soon!
Ongoing Ways to Connect Virtually
- Jeff posts his Sunday evening messages on the "All Things New" podcasts. You can listen to them on the Youth section of our app (or download the podcast directly to your phone).
- Jeff is also doing "Stevie's Sidequests" bonus messages. These are also included in the "All Things New" podcasts.
Recent Messages from Jeff
NOTE: Elevate is currently on hold. We'll see you in the Fall!