We are committed to the spiritual development of all students and encourage youth to have a thriving relationship with Jesus Christ.
Committed leaders, who love God, are part of our team to make sure that students feel loved and cared for. Being a parent can be lonely, exciting and scary. We want you to know that you are not alone. We would like to invite your youth (grades 7th-12th) to join us at any of our weekly or special events to be a part of what God is doing at Faith’s Youth Ministries. Questions? Contact our Director of Youth Ministries, Jeff Ackenback, at .
We meet most Sunday evenings from 5:15 - 7:00 pm in our new Youth Room. Jeff will share his message at 5:30 pm and then during the second hour we will do small groups and activities (games, etc).
Sunday Evening Dates
- December 19 - Normal schedule plus DINNER tonight and Gravity youth band will practice after youth group (7- 8 pm)
- December 26 - NO Youth Group tonight (podcast only). Enjoy Christmas with your families!
- January 2 - NO Youth Group tonight (podcast only). Enjoy Thanksgiving weekend with your families!
- January 9 - Normal schedule plus Gravity youth band will practice after youth group (7- 8 pm)
- January 16 - Normal schedule plus DINNER tonight and Gravity youth band will practice after youth group (7- 8 pm)
- January 23 - Normal schedule plus Gravity youth band will practice after youth group (7- 8 pm)
- January 30 - Normal schedule plus Gravity youth band will practice after youth group (7- 8 pm)
Christmas Party - Saturday, December 18
Please note time change from an earlier post!
Join us on Saturday, December 18 for our Teen Christmas party! We will meet together at the church to help clean up after the Christmas Shop, then eat and have a wild and gigantic Christmas Scavenger Hunt, complete with new photo and video challenges! There is no cost, but there will be prizes. Everything begins at 11:00 am and runs until 1:30 pm. Bring a friend! Saturday, December 18 from 11 am-5 pm. Stay tuned for more details …
New Year's Eve-Eve Lock-In - December 30
Save the date for Thursday, December 30 from 11:30 pm - Friday, December 31 at 6:30 am. We will have food, games, fun, and fellowship. It will be a good time, and is a wonderful opportunity to invite your friends to join us!
Med-Winter Game Day - Saturday, January 22
Save the date for a fun afternoon of games and prizes. Stay tuned for more information coming soon …
Our Worship Arts Student Ministry programs encourage students to share their musical gifts at Faith Community. All students are welcome! Opportunities include:
- Gravity - A student-led praise band for those who enjoy sharing their musical gifts to lead worship. We practice right after youth group on Sundays from 7- 8 pm. If interested in joining, please email Mary Schambow at .
- Christmas Cantata (singing and instrumentalists)
- Instrumentalists (solos and combos)
- Praise Teams in contemporary worship (singing and instrumentalists)
Faith Community’s Confirmation program is a way for students in 9th grade or above to learn more about their faith and the Methodist church, as well as the world around them and how to cope. Classes run from September 12 – February 27 at 4:00 pm each Sunday. On Saturday, March 5, we host our annual Confirmation Dinner where students share their personal statements of faith. The following morning (Sunday, March 6) is Confirmation Sunday where the students are confirmed during worship. Questions? Contact Jeff Ackenback at
Stay in Touch
If you'd like to sign up for emails or text messages from Jeff, please click the "Stay In Touch" link below. Thanks, and we are looking forward to seeing you in person soon!
Ongoing Ways to Connect Virtually
- Jeff posts his Sunday evening messages on the "All Things New" podcasts. You can listen to them on the Youth section of our app (or download the podcast directly to your phone).
- Jeff is also doing "Stevie's Sidequests" bonus messages. These are also included in the "All Things New" podcasts.
Recent Messages from Jeff
NOTE: Due to Covid, Elevate is currently on hold. Elevate is held every Tuesday night from 6:30 - 8:30 as part of our Stepping Forward program, and is open to grades 6th–12th.